Learning Arabic is hard and, unfortunately, only getting harder. Regional wars have reduced opportunities to learn in places like Syria and Yemen while programs like CASA have had their funding cut. With so many of our own translators coming from U.S. Arabic language programs, we decided it’s time to do our part to support the next generation of linguists working to master this beautiful and challenging language.
About the Scholarship
- Each year, Industry Arabic will award scholarships of $2,000 to support tuition and living expenses for 1-2 students pursuing advanced, immersive Arabic study.
- Scholarship funds may be used for private study or applied to a program such as CASA and may be combined with other funding sources.
- Eligibility is limited to U.S. citizens who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program that incorporates advanced Arabic language skills (a major / concentration in Arabic language is not necessary).
- We are looking to support the next generation of superior Arabic linguists regardless of field (linguistics, area studies, literature, anthropology, political science, etc).
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of practical skill as demonstrated in the sample translation, as well as overall academic merit.
How To Apply
Applications are due 31 May of each year, with winners announced on 30 June.
To apply, please complete the form below (all fields required).
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Scholarship Application Form