Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Translation is a skilled human craft. Becoming a great translator requires years of training and delivering each day requires hours of focus and research. Here is why our rates, while higher than some competitors, are a fantastic value:
- Specialized translators command higher rates. Paying well enables us to work with only experienced, expert translators (fewer than 1 in 20 applicants pass our screening and testing processes).
- Paying a decent wage allows them to give your project the care it deserves, rather than churning through words as fast as possible. Well compensated translators have time to research key terms, and think about nuance.
- Our translation rates include editing by a second skilled linguist, to ensure accuracy, good style, and remove typos.
- Our work is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so if you have any need for edits for 30 days after submission, we will quickly and professionally adjust the text.
We translate between Arabic, English, and French. If you need service in other languages, we may be able to refer you to someone we trust.
We are 100% hand crafted and human powered (no machine translation or Google Translate!). We start by picking the best linguist from our team to translate your file. The draft is then reviewed for style, accuracy, and formatting by one of our expert editors. We have both native English and Arabic speakers on staff to ensure that the writing flows smoothly in the target language. After that, the document goes to our typesetter for layout if requested before being submitted to you for approval. Please see our full description here.
All files we receive from clients and prospective clients are considered fully confidential. All members of our team sign NDAs before having access to any client materials and must agree to our data protection guidelines. We are happy to consider any additional security measures, including but not limited to NDAs, use of encrypted file sharing systems, enhanced infosec protocols, or on-site translation service. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
We work with:
- Standard MS Office application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Google Apps
- Adobe Creative Cloud (PDF, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Photographs and handwritten documents
- Audio materials
- Video materials
- Subtitle files (.srt)
- We use CAT tools subject to project requirement, including Transifex, Trados, etc.
Yes, our volume discounts start at the level of 300,000 words annually and are tailored to your organization’s specific requirements. Please contact us here to discuss. It is helpful to have an idea of:
1) expected job size
2) expected job tempo
3) required turnaround times
Yes, well, maybe. We do offer a “pro bono” translation service to support projects with a public service impact. More information is here.
We’re always looking for talented translators to add to our network. To find out more, please visit our employment page here.
If you have questions not answered in this page, kindly feel free to contact us.